Well it has been a while, 9 months to be exact since we opened the Clipper and a little longer than that since we have posted an update…oops we have been busy. It has been a labour of sorts but also a very exciting roller coaster and looking back a lot has happened, we…
- Ran a very successful share offer (2nd organisation in the city to do so), raising over £200,000 and gaining 167 shareholders that own a part of the Clipper.
- Had a few special hire’s for a romantic anniversary dinner and one marriage proposal – she said yes!
- Sourced a real tree to be inside the Clipper for above romantic dinner because the couple met under one.
- We were in The Guardian twice and The Sunday Times once.
- Nudge was awarded as a New Radical 2018 by Nesta UK, Hannah and Wendy popped up to London to collect their award from Michael Sheen.
- We almost forgot to celebrate Nudge’s 1st birthday as we were mid share offer but managed to have some bubbly.
- Enjoyed tea and cake while chatting all things local with our MP Luke Pollard.
- We have had over 5000 people through the Clipper with event’s, meetings and people popping in.
- Ian one of our volunteers tiled our kitchen splashback
- Our Advent Box was in Palace Square with 24 local people and organisations making a box for each day, everyone loved going to see what was new in each day!
- Hannah was a judge on the Great British High Street.
- A couple of lovely people had their birthday parties in the space, we even created a gin palace in a unit for one.
- Raised £279.18 for Macmillian at a coffee morning organised by a lovely local woman Sue.
- We started showing off our journey in the loo putting up a wall of pictures – come in and check it out.
- Another volunteer Henry painted the ground out the back for us.
- Theatre Royal Plymouth, Plymouth Social Enterprise Network, Art Weekender, Diversity Business Incuator’s culture exhibition, Fairtrade Fortnight, Plymouth College of Art, Nowhere Illustration Fair and No Whey Plymouth all took over the Clipper in different and wonderful ways.
- Stayed up in the Clipper to watch the bridge at Toys R Us come down
- Won a grant from The Rank Foundation to do more lovely things at Manor Street Market and support young people.
- Hannah replanted the urinal for spring.
- No Whey have moved into the bar for the year and we are supporting them with becoming a social enterprise and to get going on their food projects.
- Wendy joined the board of POP.
- In partnership with Baileys and Kier, work on the upstairs flats has finally started – it has been a process but we are excited the banging has started!
- We have been out on the street dressed as zebras doing community consultation differently – hay bales and all.
- We got fancy new bar stool tops made by Wendy.
- Milos sanded and fixed our unit doors so now they close (it’s the little things that count).
- Hannah and Wendy started working with Power to Change.
- Our first AGM happened which we did a bit differently – a post is coming soon with more about it!
It is easy to forget all the wonderful things that have happened so a bit of Nudge reflection is always great. We still have lots to do and exciting things are coming up, especially this week;
- Monday 13th May (tomorrow) at Palace Square 2-5pm – join us for some music, zebras, food and for a special announcement!
- Community Business Weekend next weekend 16th – 19th May – Mini exhibitions, taco’s, reflexology, talking mental health awareness, local sellers, a vegan market and watch a new mural being painted out the back.
Keep up to date on social media or get in touch with us below.